Vastu Tips for Home / Flat
NorthWest- The room in this direction is suitable for guests and girls.
South-West- The Chief of the house should have his room in this direction.
North-East- No bedroom should be situated in this direction. In such situation there is a possibility of increase number of girls in the family.
South-East- No bedroom should be located in this direction. The children do not take interest in studies. There is no sound sleep. People have much anger. Decisions are generally taken hurriedly.
Your Prayer Room- Room for prayer and meditation is recommended to be in the north-east corner of the house. Deity or image of god should not face the south direction. Ideal positions are such that you face east or west while praying.
Bathroom - Bathroom should constructed in the West and South directions and the flow of its drains should be towards North-East.
Toilet - Toilet should be constructed mainly towards South or West. Never build toilets in the direction of eastern corner ant the face should be towards south or West while discharging stool.
Bed Room - According to vastu, the master bedrooms should be in the South-West corner of the house. If the house has more than one floor then, then it should be on the top most floor.The ceiling should be in level, this makes the energy of the room uniform, which in turn gives one a steady state of mind. Children s room should be in the north west or west side. To have a better concentration they should have a separate study close to their bedrooms.
Children`s Room - The children`s room, should be constructed in the North-West corner.
Drawing Room - It should be in North-West, South or west direction. The furniture should be kept in South and West directions. Open space should be maximum in North and East directions.
Dining Room - The dining room should be constructed in South-East. The dining room and kitchen should be on the same floor and it should be adjacent to the kitchen from the left. The entrance to the dining room and the main door should not be facing each other. The dining table should be square of rectangular in shape and should not be attached or folding against the wall.
General Room - Though, it is sparingly used; yet it should be constructed in the North-West.
Guest Room - It should be in North-West corner.
Kitchen - The kitchen must be situated in fire angle, i.e. in South-East. The face of the cook should be towards the East. The water tap in kitchen should be in the North-East direction. It is better if the stone on which food is cooked, is of red colour.
Study Room - The North-East,North-West,North,West,East corners are best for a study room. If the study room and place of worship room are adjacent then it is considered most beneficial. These directions attract the positive effects of Mercury increasing brain power, Jupiter increasing wisdom, Sun increasing ambition and Venus helps in bringing about creativity in new thoughts and ideas.
Store Room- If essential then the store room should be constructed in the southern part of the building, other wise grain and other provisions can be stored in the kitchen or in other rooms and cupboards. Things should not be stored in diwans and box beds because it effects the magnetic environment of the self and the room causing sleeping disorders.
Height of Rooms - According to vastu shastra, the rooms in the northern part of the house should be larger than the rooms in the southern side by 6-9 inches, and lower by 1-3 inches. Height of rooms should ideally be, 12- 14 feet. Doors/Windows As far as doors are concerned, the main door should be larger than the inner doors and all doors should open towards the walls. All windows should be at least 3 feet 6 above ground level, and should be at the same level from the top. Window openings should be on the northern and eastern sides of the buildings
Waste Storage- Daily wastes from the kitchen should be kept covered in the south- west corner of the kitchen.
Water-Tank- It is best to keep it in the North-West, but could be kept in West also.
Doors - The doors should be in the North and East. When someone enters, the waves emerging from the doors affect his / her mind because the magnetic waves always flow around us.
USEFUL VASTU TIPS
1. Allow a bright light on the main door.
2. It is best to leave only maximum 5 door open.
3. Avoid keeping a T.V. set in bed-room.
4. Avoid keeping any water feature or plants in the bed room.
5. Do not use seperate mattresses and bed-sheet.
6. Arrange the furniture to from a square or a circle or an octagon in.
7. Brighten the corners.
8. Place a picture of bright sunrise on southern wall in living room.
9. The wind should come from south-west in the bed room.
10. Dining-room should not expose to the front door of your house.
11. Never put mirror in kitchen.
12. Keep the broom and mops out of the sight in kitchen.
13. Keep the bathroom and toilet door closed as much as possible.
14. Windows should open outward normally.
15. Do not keep prickly cactus, plants in the house.
16. Place an aquarium in the sourh-east corner in living room.
17. Place a happy family picture in living room.
18. Please cheque ther aren't grown very high trees like Bangan, Pipal, Thornytrees.
19. Please cheque the gate of the lift is not in front of the main gate of the house.
20. There should not be any room which has shape.
21. There should not be obstructive houses surrounding your plot.
22. The house should be fully airy and has enough water resource.
23. The seat in the latrin should be NORTH-SOUTH.
24. In the office, sit facing the door.
25. Hang a picture of mountains behind you in the office.
26. Place the computer on your right side on the table.
27. A ladder to go up stair curved on the right side should be devided in to two parts. It should be constructed leaving north-east or south-west direction. Ladders stepping down towards north or west creates waste of Lakshmi.
28. One should never hoard stale food, withered flowers, torn clothes, waste paper, waste materials, empty tins, old jars and useless things. These things prevents Lakshmi from entering the house.
29 If there is marble flooring in the house you should see that the old leather shoes are not lying here and there. Marble is considered to be holy stone. If possible avoid marble in bedroom, bathroom, latrine. 30. In a place of worship in the house it is necessary to have open atmosphere. Use marble in the worshiproom. Take care that there is enough light and air. Latrine should not be near worship room. keep cleanliness and always light insense sticks.
Vastu Colour Indication