- 1) You can recite it either at a temple or at your puja room.
- 2) Sit at your place. Close your eyes.
- 3) Place a picture of Shri Hanuman.
- 4) Offer the garland of oscimum sanctum or Tulsi or lotus flower. Avoid nerium flower. You may offer a garland made out of betel leaves. You may also offer garland made out of Vada (a South Indian snack made of Urad Dhall).
- 5) Light a ghee lamp.
- 6) Offer incense sticks.
- 7) Now meditate on Shri Hanuman.
- 8) Now chant Shri Hanuman Chalisa. After completion of each Hanuman Chalisa chanting, offer a flower to Shri Hanuman. You may recite it 12 times, 24 times, 32 times. You may also recite the hymns 108 times while going around the pipal tree.
- 9) You may offer Sweet Pongal, Ven Pongal, Vada, Honey, Fruits and Panakam (a beverage made from jaggery and tamarind).
Tuesday, 30 August 2011
Hanuman Chalisa has been found to be highly effective in controlling evil effects.
Reciting specific hymns. After attending many discourses, I have understood that the recitation of specific Hindu prayers and hymns in Hanuman Chalisa will bestow specific results. I have compiled specific number of the Hymns and the benefits:
1) Chanting the Opening Invocation Hymn of Hanuman Chalisa many times will mitigate the doshas arising out of having insulted knowingly/ unknowingly one's preceptor/ a Rama Bhakta. The hardships in your life will be relieved and you will be blessed with strength and wisdom.
2) Chanting the First Hymn of the Chalisa "Jaya Hanumaan gyaan guna saagar....." will bestow Divine knowledge.
3) Chanting the Third Hymn of Chalisa "Mahaaveer vikrama Bhajrangi....." will remove the bad company of friends or relatives or get rid of your bad habits. It will guide you in your right path.
4) Chanting the Seventh and Eighth Hymns "Vidyavan guni athi chaathur....." will channel a devotee into Rama Bhakti and he will become dear to Shri Rama.
5) Chanting the eleventh Hymn "Laya sanjivan....." will mitigate the effects of poisonous bites and remove fear of snakes.
6) Chanting the Twelfth Hymn will remove misunderstanding between your sons and daughters and will bring unity and affection among them.
7) Chanting the Thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth Hymns will help you to reach name and fame.
8) Chanting the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Hymns will restore lost status or help in getting desired career improvements or promotions.
9) Chanting the Twentieth Hymn will remove obstacles and help in reaching your goals.
10) Chanting the Twenty-second Hymn will provide due protection from adverse planetary effects.
11) Chanting the Twenty-fourth Hymn will drive away all negative energies and evil spirits including black magical deities.
12) Chanting the Twenty-fifth Hymn will restore exuberant health and spirits. The recitation will also give you the ability to withstand physical agony and pain when you are injured or in ailment.
13) Chanting the Twenty-sixth Hymn protects you from general hardships and difficulties.
14) Chanting the Twenty-seventh and Twenty-eighth Hymns will bring fulfilment of desires by Divine Blessings.
15) Chanting the Twenty-ninth will take to the pinnacle of name and fame.
16) Chanting the Thirtieth Hymn will help you to conquer evil forces.
17) Chanting the Thirty-first Hymn will help you to master occult powers and great wealth.
18) Chanting the Thirty-second, Thirty-third, Thirty-fourth, and Thirty-fifth Hymns will certainly make you enjoy a self-contented life without any bothers / frustrations. You are assured that at the end of such a self-contented life, you will attain the Lotus feet of Shri Rama.
19) Chanting the Thirty-sixth Hymn will mitigate you from all difficulties and pains.
20) Chanting the Thirty-seventh Hymn will secure the Grace of Shri Hanuman.
If you want to accomplish some major tasks, then you are advised to chant the appropriate Hymn with devotion 1008 times on an auspicious Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Saturday or on a combination of a Moola Nakshatra day and a new moon day falling during Tamil month Margazhi (14 Dec - 13 Jan).
Some recommend that devotees perform Tail Puja. What is Tail Puja? Tail Puja is one of the other important Hindu rituals. It is the offering of sandalwood paste and kumkum / sindoor to the tail of Shri Hanuman's image for 48 days.