Ancient Rishis have left us a long list of measures that can be adopted to reduce the adverse results of Saturn's transits. Here is short list.
- Daily recitation of Pipplad Uvaach (sayings of Rishi Pipplad) is a potent remedy.
- Chanting of Saturn Mantra 10, 28 or 108 times (depending upon one's convenience) is very beneficial. Saturn Mantra is "OM PRAAM PREEM PROM SAHA SHANAISH CHARAYE NAMAHA" 108 chants are definitely better than 10 or 28.
- Fasting on Saturdays is another sure way of escaping Saturn's adverse transits. One should eat only one meal of sweetened wheat porridge. Salt in any form is prohibited.
- Offering of milk to Lord Shiva on a Shiv Ling every Monday morning reduces the adverse results of Saturn.
- Regular visit to a Hanuman temple on Tuesdays and Saturdays is another easy and effective way.
- Recitation of Sunder Kand every Saturday and Tuesday keeps prosperity flowing even during bad transits.
- A ring made from a horseshoe removed from the right front foot of a black horse is a potent shield against Sade Sati. If this is not possible, a ring made from a nail removed from the bottom of a boat can also be used. Boat should be in use and not discarded.
- Burying a cupful of boiled black lentil to which sugar has been added in a shallow pit is very helpful. This should be done in an area where people won't walk over it.
- If Black lentil are not available, honey can be used instead.