Superstitions for Good Luck
Chinese Superstitions for Good LuckLike any culture, the Chinese have certain superstitions that are related to good and bad luck.
- The Chinese believe that good luck can be found in pairs. Whenever the Chinese give a gift, it's done in pairs or multiples of pairs. If you wish to give a gift, then you'll want to give two gifts. The more gifts, the more luck, such as giving four, eight, sixteen gifts, and so on. Gifts are given for various occasions such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and New Year.
- You don't want to build a home that faces north.
- Number four sounds like the Chinese word, death and should be avoided.
- Staircases should have an even number of steps.
- The number eight is lucky because it sounds like the word prosper and nine sounds similar to the word sufficient.
- The word is caution for marriage and numbers when it comes to the age difference between you and your spouse. If you want to ensure a happy marriage, you shouldn't marry anyone who is 3 or 6 years young or older than you.