Sarpa Dosha or Naga Dosha
Sarpa dosha or Naga Dosha is caused due to wrath of the Serpent God in previous birth.
Due to Sarpa dosha, marriages are delayed or ruined, Progeny may be denied, miscarriages/Abortion will occur.Sarpa/Naga Dosha is different from Kal Sarpa Yoga/Dosha(KSY), Many astrologers/writers have written about Kal Sarpa Yoga/Dosha. I will not talk about Kal Sarpa Yoga/Dosha but only about Sarpa /Naga Dosha
Sarpa Dosha delays marriage and also delays progeny/children.
Let us examine planetary combinations in the birth chart indicating Sarpa/Naga Dosha.
1. When Ketu or Rahu is Placed in 1st, 2nd, 5th, 7th or 8th house Indicate Sarpa/Naga Dosha
2. Women suffering from Sarpa/Naga Dosha will have children after conducting Pooja of Naga Devatha
3. When Ketu or Rahu is placed in 1st or 2nd House, Indicate delay in marriage, If the person is married, creates problems in family life and some times leads to divorce or separation.
4. Ketu or Rahu in 5th house leads to delay in getting children/Progeny and also leads to abortions. Also Rahu aspect on 5th house also indicate Sarpa/Naga Dosha.
Naga Prathistapana at any Naga temple should be done for getting children.
5. Ketu or Rahu in 7th house Leads to problems in family life, misunderstandings, frequent quarrels, wife/Husband will have Health problems etc.
6. Ketu or Rahu in 8th house Indicate Health problems of wife or Husband, skin disease etc.
The person suffering from Sarpa/Naga dosha will see Snakes/Serpents in their dream. That is a clear Indication of Sarpa dosha.
Remedies for Naga Dosha: -
1. Visit the Kukke Subrahmanya Temple, Subrahmanya Near Mangalore, Karnataka and perform Naga dosha parihara Pooja,( Sarpasamskara Pooja). They perform for 2 days. They charge around Rs.2500. But in Kukke Subrahmanya, they allow only 4 Persons.
2. or Visit Tirunageswaram , near Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu and perform Sarpa dosha parihara Pooja. People with naga dosha do parihara in this Navagraha sthal by donating a stone naga idol. They Charge around Rs.1000
3. or Visit Kalahasti in Andhra Pradesh ( Sree Kalahasthiwaraswamy) and do Sarpa Dosha Nivarana Pooja, You need to do Pooja only during Rahu Kal . (Rahu Kal is very auspicious) They Charge around Rs.1000
4. or Visit Sree Nagaraja kshethra, in Mannarasala, Alapuza District, Kerala.and do sarpa shanti Pooja
DO’S & DON’TS
1. Perform the Naga/Sarpa dosha pooja in auspicious dates only Other wise Pooja will not be Effective/fruitful, Avoid doing pooja during Dashami, fasting days like Ekadashi, Ashtami, during grahana (solar/Lunar eclipse), Gokulashtami, Shivarathri etc
2. Don’t perform pooja nearer to monthly date for girl/woman. Otherwise dosha will not be removed. Give at least 6-8 days gap to conduct the pooja. Don’t Enter any Naga Temple, if you have monthly Date for women/Girls.
3. Whole family including Grand parents, father, mother, children etc needs to present for Sarpa dosha Parihara Pooja. But in Kukke Subrahmanya, they allow only 4 Persons.
4. Perform Sarpa dosha Parihara Pooja during Shasti, an important day for Lord Subramanya (Lord Karthikeyan) , He is the lord of all snakes and serpents. It usually falls on 6th day after Amavasya & Purnima/ Poornima in every month. The dates of Shasti for the year 2011 are as follows, Jan 10th 2011, Feb 9th, March 11th, April 9th, May 9th, June7th, July 6th, Aug4th, Sept 3rd, Oct 2nd, Nov 30th & Dec 30th.
5. After Conceiving, don’t visit any Naga Temple, You can visit any of these temples after birth of the child only. As per vedic texts, the child in the womb will have negative affects. Pregnant Women should not Visit any of Naga Temple.
6. After conducting Sarpa dosha Parihara Pooja in Kukke Subrahmanya/ Tirunageswaram/Kalahasti etc, Go home & have bath, don’t visit any temple like Tirupathi when you visit Kalahasti or Dharmastala, when you visit Kukke Subrahmanya.
7. If you are performing Pooja in Morning hours, Don’t have any food i,e Breakfast. You can eat only after Pooja is done.
8. Don’t do Sastanga Namaskar ( Where your forehead, chest, hands, knees and legs will be touching the ground ) in any Naga Temple.
9. Don’t Perform Naga dosha parihara Pooja( Sarpasamskara Pooja) at home, It should be done in above listed Temple only.