- Make the first impression upon entering your home a warm and welcoming one.
- Above the outside of any entrance door (front door, back door, sliding door, etc.) hang a Ba-Gua mirror. Make sure it is a flat Ba-Gua. There are 3 different Ba-Guas, flat, concave and convex. The concave and convex are for temporary use in certain circumstance. The flat can be put above the doors permanently. If you can not put it above the doors then put it on the doors.....NEVER use the Bagua indoors.
Flat Bagua - used to protect your home, yourself, your family, family pets, and/or business from negativity & harmful influences by balancing and adjusting the Chi (energy). The flat Bagua is generally sufficient; unless there are extenuating circumstances requiring use of one of the other two.
Concave Bagua - used to absorb negative energy (Shar Chi or killing energy) preventing it from entering one's home and/or office.
Convex Bagua - used to diffuse and deflect negative energy (Shar Chi or killing breath) created by poison arrows (such as a tree in front of your door, sharp edges of a building or structure facing your front door. This one is rarely used as it can be harmful to your neighbors.
- Hang 3 Chinese coins tied together with red ribbon on the back of your front door handle. This will attract Auspicious money. (Make sure you cut the ribbon in increments of 9. Such as 9", 18", 27", etc.).
- Fu Dogs are very important as they guard the home and/or business. Purchase a pair and place them on either side of the front door, preferably outside. If you can not place them outside then put the right inside on either side of the front door.
- Install a pond outside that has 9 goldfish or carp; of which 8 are red or gold and 1 black fish. The one black fish attracts all that is negative or undesirable. If a fish dies, do not fret. It is believed that this fish absorbed some bad luck that was meant for a resident of the home. Do not keep fish in the bedroom, the bathroom nor kitchen. There they will create material loss.
- Outside waterfalls are especially helpful in creating more cash flow. Especially, if they are placed in the far left rear corner of your back yard.
- Make sure your address is clearly visible from the street both day & night.
- Place items in your front and back yard that create motion or have eye catching appeal. Examples: garden gazing balls, pinwheels, hand painted garden stakes and/or figurines. The brighter the colors, the better.
- Add flowering plants, in groups of 3's along the walkway to your front door. Red is best.
- If possible, light the walkway to your door at night. It will do what flowers do during the day. The combination of the two will light the way' to your door. Thus, lighting the way to your wealth and prosperity.
- Get rid of any dried flowers in your space. They are dead and you do not want your wealth to be dead. Replace them with fake or silk.
- Clear away any clutter and trim over grown plants in all yard areas.
- Replace any cut down trees or vegetation with plants of equal or greater beauty and value.
- Have live plants in as many rooms as possible, if their leaves look like round coins, even better.
- Move your furniture around, it's fun to create something new and exciting to come home to. You will also change the flow of energy, which is good to do every so often.
- Remember when placing furniture, less is always best. Too much furniture can make us feel cramped and can restrict the flow of our opportunities.
- It is best to have bookshelves with doors on the front. But if you don't then either create make shift doors or move all the books forward so they are flush with the front of the shelf.
- Have a garage sale and clean it out at the same time. You will not only make some money, you will improve your ability to think more clearly. And/or you will have more helpful people assisting you along your life's path.
- Keep the kitchen well stocked with food. When we have our cupboards filled with food, we feel more abundant.
- Keep brooms and mops out of sight; preferably upside down. This keeps intruders out and prevent from the family's livelihood from being swept away.
- Clean out your closets and drawers. Give away, sell or throw away anything that you not longer use or no longer like.
- Playing calming music like ocean waves, forest sounds or rain falling to soothe a stressful working or home environment.
- Paint your mailbox something fun, colorful and eye catching, especially if your business is home based. This will encourage more business through the mail.
- Do something that lifts your spirit, like placing wonderfully smelling flowers at your desk. They will give you a fresher and a rosier outlook on things. Though not in the Love & Marriage corner. Fresh flowers clashes with the element of romance, which is Earth.
- Add mirrors to increase the size of a small room. You will create a feeling of more space and also endless opportunities.