Tuesday, 28 June 2011
Lord Shiva’s Fruit – RUDRAKSHA
Remedial Measures: We have already discussed about various benefits bestowed by Lord Shiva. Now we give more details specially about the medicinal help via Rudraksha. It may be re-called that there are about 38 types of Rudraksha but only few are available and that too depending on the quality and face of Rudraksha. One 'mukhi' (one faced) is a rarity and thus may be costly.
2. Rosary or Rudraksha beads need to be washed daily with milk or Ganges water. Lord Shiva is known to bestow all His blessings on the devotee. Before wearing Rudraksha , Worship the same on Monday with 'dhoop – bati' and should be wore preferably in red thread.
3. Rudraksha , a herbal drug having the most valuable medicinal qualities is a dried fruit. When soaked in water for 2 days and the outer pulp peeled out (cover) Rudraksha seed (bead) will come out. In olden days the Rudraksha treatment was given by only Sadhus, Sanyasis, etc. who kept their mode of usage in utmost secrecy to their cult only. It was very difficult to collect the details.
4. Generally Rudraksha medicines are most effective and also preventive and curative but one must use them for not less than 40 days to the root level of the diseases.
5. Wearing of Rudraksha malas or necklace relieves the depression , mental tension , activities the Central Nervous System, controls the blood pressure, builds up the self confidence and cures certain skin diseases. By constant seeing the Rudraksha at the time of Sun rising in the open air and also touching it to the eye lids improves the eye sight and cures early stage of Cataract. It should be done for more than 80 days.
6. For Tongue cracks, tastelessness, heaviness, Rudraksha decoction's gargling is found to be very effective. Ten Rudrakshas boiled with 200 ml Gingerly Oil (Til) for 30 minutes and filtered is a prepared Rudraksha Oil. This oil can be used by little warming up and applied in chest for cure of Pneumonia and Chest pains of Spasmatic nature.
7. In case of swelling of knees and other joints, Rudraksha powder mixed in equal quantity of Seethaphal leaves powder along with lukewarm mustard oil application gives very good results . In cases of stammering , 2 beads of Chaturmukhi Rudraksha are put in a cup of boiling milk and the milk should be drunk after it gets cooled down. This milk should be taken before going to bed and repeated for 3 months. The beads taken out of milk should be washed properly and kept safely.
8. In chronic cough specially with phlegm, Rudraksha rubbed paste along with Tulsi dry stem mixed with honey can be taken regularly for 3 months. After boiling the milk , take out the Rudraksha while garlic piece is consumed along with the milk.
9. Three of Rudraksha soaked in a cup of ordinary water over night and a habit of drinking this water early in the morning keeps the blood pressure normal. Two grams of Rudraksha powder mix with Honey and taken daily after food is a general tonic (80 days is the minimum period.)
10. Rudraksha powder mix with sufficient quantity of Honey and made as Lehyam will cure numbness and tones up nervous system. To avoid bad dreams it is practiced to keep Rudraksha beneath the pillow, with full confidence. For burning of eyes and conjunctivitis use Rudraksha eye drops. When Rudraksha is kept in Rose water for 4 hours it becomes Rudraksha eye drops.
11. Rudraksha also helps in purifying the water when it is kept in the pot for an hour. For black spots on face Rudraksha paste with lime juice and sandal wood powder mixed well and applied externally yields good results. For headache, application of Rudraksha and Dry ginger paste is found useful.
12. For Kidney problems, dysfunction (Nephritis) etc, five Panchamukhi Rudraksha tied in copper wire and kept in copper vessel of medium type filled with water of 4 glasses and used regularly will give good results in controlling the disease slowly leading to recovery.
13. Wearing Rudrakshas of Chaturmukhi and Panchamukhi on ful Moon and New Moon (Amavasya) days is believed to be useful against evil spirits and ill omen and also amulets made from Rudrakshas are beneficial. In case of Bronchitis in Children Rudraksha powder (1 gram) mixed with Honey given internally every hour helps in bringing out the phlegm (Kapha) by inducing vomiting.
14. For Self control emotions Rudraksha should be worn above the waist level. Rudraksha vibhuti can be applied on the body whenever required by the patients to keep warm up and also for relief from numbness. Rudraksha Kantamala around the neck will control breathing trouble. Rudraksha mala long enough to touch the heart region works well for heart problems.
15. There is a firm belief that for safe travelling Rudraksha is worn before journey starts and foreign trips and also at the time of new business.
16. It is also long standing belief that bath with Rudraksha water is as good and Ganga Water bath. Rudraksha and Sandal wood paste applied on eye lids at night will cure sticking of eye lids and watering of eyes.